Listening Roundup April 26, 2018
Bringing you a roundup of must-reads on books, publishing, and voices we should know.
1. "Tracy K. Smith and Jacqueline Woodson Talk Reading, Race and Spreading the Gospel of Literature", New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/19/books/tracy-k-smith-and-jacqueline-woodson-talk-reading-race-and-spreading-the-gospel-of-literature.html
2. PBS's Great American Read - The 100 List: http://www.pbs.org/the-great-american-read/books/#/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=pbsofficial&utm_campaign=americanread_2018
3. "Celebrating Socially Engaged Fiction at the Aspen Words Literary Prize", Lit Hub: https://lithub.com/celebrating-socially-engaged-fiction-at-the-aspen-words-literary-prize/
4. "The New Voices of South Asian Young Adult Literature: Five authors discuss writing about South Asian cultural identity without getting pigeonholed", Electric Lit: https://electricliterature.com/sandhya-menon-sheba-karim-santayani-dasgupta-tanaz-bhathena-nisha-sharma-south-asian-ya-roundtable-a53ddead2ddc
5. "The Silence: The Legacy of Childhood Trauma" By Junot Díaz, The New Yorker: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/04/16/the-silence-the-legacy-of-childhood-trauma